How to Add a Domain to My Account
- While logged into your DistributorCentral account, click on the Websites menu on the left-hand side
- In the submenu that appears, click on Hosting Manager
- When the “Websites” manager loads, click on Domains at the top.
- In the domains hosting manager, click on the Add Domain button to the far right
- The “Add new domain” window will pop up where you will type in your domain (without the host name; e.g. “www”)
- Click Next
- On the next page, select whether you will be having DistributorCentral host your domain by clicking the Point your domain to our domain name servers*, or choose keep your domain hosting as is by clicking Manage your own domain name servers*
- by choosing to "Point your domain at our name servers" you will then have the opportunity to have the current MX records copied over so that you may continue your email service with your current provider. (not selecting this will remove all connections to an existing mailbox)
- if you choose to have a domain hosted by us, please note the namer servers listed under "Point your domain at our name servers". These will need to be added to your domain registrar
- Once you have chosen your hosting, click Save in the bottom right of the “Setup Name Servers” pop up window
- Your new domain will appear in your list below, please read How to link a domain to my website to learn more about domain name mappings
After you have made the appropriate changes within your domain host, you will be told to wait a minimum amount of time for the changes to be live, once the time has expired:
- Log back into your DistributorCentral account
- Access the hosting manager
- Click on Domains
- In the Domain Manager, click the Verify button
- After a moment you will have some indication as to whether your domain has been verified
- If you receive a "Failed" message, please re-evaluate your Domain Records in your domain's host
*"Pointing your domain at our domain name servers" will make DistributorCentral the host of your domain. You will still need to register your domain with a domain registrar (like Godaddy, or Network Solutions) periodically.
*"Managing your own domain name servers" will keep your domain hosted as is and you will be in charge of managing the domain within your host account.