How to Add a Sub Domain
Adding a sub domain allows you to map a unique host name (other than www) to a website. An example of a sub domain would be shop.domain.com, whereas your main domain mapping would be www.domain.com.
Note: You have to already have your domain added to your DistributorCentral account (click HERE to learn how) before you can create a Sub Domain
- Once you log into your DistributorCentral account click Websites on the left side menu
- Next click on Hosting Manager
- Once you get to the Websites List, click Manage next to the website in question
- From here click on Link Domain on the right side
- Once the Link Website Domain box pops up enter in your sub domain in the Host Name section Note: The mapping of your sub domain will not affect any other domain mappings (i.e. www.mydomain.com)
- After you enter in your sub domain click on the drop down box to the right and select your domain
- Click Add
- You see a green progression box pop up in the top right as it is being saved. Once it is finished your Sub Domain has been created and linked to your site.