Block Types: Quick Search
What is the Quick Search block?
Add the Quick Search block to your website to give your customers an easy and direct way to find product.
The Quick Search block type allows you to select a specific catalog for customers to browse through, but also has the capability to provide an instant search experience. The instant search is a feature that provides recommended products to a user while they are typing in a keyword or item number into the search field.
How to add the Quick Search block:
- In the the website editor, go to the panel on the left and find Current Page
- Under Current Page, click the + icon to the right of the row you wish to add a carousel to.
- In the Select Block Type pop up window, click on Quick Search
- After you have clicked on Quick Search, the Select Block Type pop-up window will disappear, and you will see the new block added last in the row in the left panel, and it will be highlighted in blue.
How edit the Quick Search block:
- In the left-hand panel, find the Quick Search block
- Click the pencil icon to the right of the Link block
- The Quick Search editor window will pop-up
- Within the Quick Search editor, select the catalog you want to be searched through
- Next customize the appearance of the search box, choose from the following appearance options:
- Also Show Advanced Filters (original default) - this is a bulkier block display
- Show Only Search Box
- Now you can enter your own placeholder text which displays in the search field until a user starts a search.
- The last option is to activate the Instant Search, click Yes to enable it.
- When complete, click Done in the bottom right
- Lastly, Save your changes