A "user" is any employee who has a different username and password to access the DistributorCentral account.
Multiple users can be added to an account and each user has a unique set of account "rights". This means that not all users can access any part of the distributor's account.
For example: You can have a "Website Administrator" user, who can only access the website editor, or a "Orders Administrator" user who can enter or edit orders only.
The rights associated to the user are called the "User Groups".
By editing the users, you can change the first name, last name, email address, and login credentials for the user accounts.
- To add or edit users for your DistributorCentral account.
- Go to the "Account" menu towards the top of the page,
- Hover over "Users" in the bottom of the drop-down menu
- Then click on "User Maintenance" menu
Now that we are in the "Account User List" page, you can "Add" a new user, or "Edit" an existing one.
To Add a New User:
- Click on "Add New User" to the right of the screen
- Fill out the required information for this user.
- The username must be unique throughout DistributorCentral. The system will alert you if the username entered is already taken.
- The password must meet the below criteria to be saved
- "Save" your changes when complete.
- Next, you will click the "User Group Assignments" tab
- Here you will select the User Groups that this user will have access too and move them to the "Member of" box.
- "Save" your changes
To "Edit" a user:
- From the "Account User List" page, click the "Edit" button, to the right of the user you need to edit.
- Change the information need
- Click "Save" when done.