How to Move a Domain to Another Website
The below steps describe how you can change which responsive website a domain is linked to. If you just are adding a domain to your new DC website, skip steps 3-5.
- While logged into your DistributorCentral account, click on the Websites menu on the left-hand side
- In the submenu that appears, click on Hosting Manager
- When the Websites Hosting Manager page loads, find the website your domain is mapped to, and to the far right click the Manage button
- You will be taken to a page where you will see a Domains box, click the Trashcan icon to the right of the domain listed in that box to remove the OLD domain link to this website
- Next, you will go back to your websites list by clicking the Websites tab above in blue
- Find the new website that you want to link the domain to, and click Manage to the right
- In your website manager, click the Link Domain link in the top right corner in the Domains box
- Type in "www" in the domain host name field
- Select your domain from the list to the right
- Click Add
- Click the Link Domain link again
- This time, leave the Host Name field blank. Click the dropdown field and select your domain name.
- In the SEO Redirect, click the dropdown field to select the www.yourdomain.com entry
- Click Add to complete the domain mapping