Keyword Optimization Tips and Guidelines
Keywords include additional words or phrases that describe a product and those that could be used by a distributor searching for the item.
First, always use clear, relevant keywords in your product title. This would be the Product Name, Product Number and Description fields in DistributorCentral.
These keyword attributes are intended to compliment those fields and provide users additional ways to find your product using similar or related words that may not be included in the product title or description.
Example #1: An item with the word “tumbler” in the title might have supplemental keyword attributes including mug, coffee mug, travel mug, etc.
Example #2: An item with the word “pen” in the title might have supplemental keyword attributes including ballpoint, click pen, writing instrument, ink, etc.
Example #3: An item with the word “polo” in the title might have supplemental keyword attributes including shirt, collar, golf, uniform, etc.
Please keep these guidelines in mind for keywords:
- Max of 5 keywords / key phrases
- Max 30 characters each (one or two-word phrases acceptable)
- Must be unique. There is no need to repeat words already in your product name or description.
- Use words related to the product with a goal of helping users find your product faster and easier
- Must start with an alphanumeric character
- Must not use copyrighted, registered, or trademarked names. If you carry a license to use specific registered words/ key phrases, then please contact DistributorCentral so we can retain a copy of such license on file