Block Types: Picture
What is a picture block?
The "Picture" block type allows you to add an image to your website, and link it to another page, or catalog link.
How to add a picture block:
- In the the website editor, go to the panel on the left and find "Current Page"
- Under "Current Page", click the "+" icon to the right of the row you wish to add a picture block to
- In the "Select Block Type" pop up window, click on Picture
- After you have clicked on the "Picture" block, the pop-up window will disappear, and you will see the new block added last in the row under the left panel, and it will be highlighted in blue
How edit a picture block:
- In the left-hand panel, find the "Picture" block
- Click the pencil icon to the right of "Picture"
- The "Picture" editor window will pop-up
- Below are the changes that can be made to the picture block type:
- Change Name:
- The change name link allows you to change the block label from the default, to a more customized name. This name only appears in the website editor dashboard, on the left-hand panel.
- Block Style (Advanced):
- Block styles can be added to each block for custom CSS. This is an advanced functionality for our users who have CSS knowledge.
- Click Pick Image to select from your image library
- Then click on the image that you want to add, and select it
- Complete the rest of the options in the Picture block editor before clicking Done and saving your changes
- Horizontal alignment:
- Select how the picture aligns in the block: center, left, or right aligned.
- Add a link to the image by choosing from your link library.
- Open links in new window?:
- If you have added links to the images in your carousel, select whether the link should open in a new window, or the current window.
- Maximum Width:
- Set the maximum width of the image within the block per screen size
- Delete block:
- The red box with a trash icon in the bottom left corner of the window will delete the block altogether.
- Click Done to close the block editor. Please note, you will need to click Save in the website editor to save the changes made to the block.